Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution applies to saving and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a look at these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you'd like to launch a weblog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular firms, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some corporations provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a big amount of images with pals or acquaintances since the service is typically free. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail accounts. Some companies offer web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you wish to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video files as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to run a web site. To some degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the usual email/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific web content exclusively.